Except for the part about closing the window, your experience has been the same as mine. But it has been well over a year since I last tried using that feature of Netflix, maybe even two years, so they have probably gone through some revisions of the software and the additional issue may have cropped up since then. The only way I found to work watching a movie was to get everything ready to play the movie, crank the volume on my PC way too high, start up the movie, and shut down WE. I found this just too inconvenient and just never bothered to try it again. I sent in an email, but never got a response. Maybe if more blind Netflix users complained, they might think about fixing these issues. Of course, I have complained on more than one occasion about the design of the site being a bit of a hassle to navigate. I wish they would go back to the queue appearing with every group of 10 movies being a separate table, checkboxes for marking titles to be removed, and offer an option to get rid of the annoying links to rate a title. That last one is one of my biggest pet peeves about the Netflix site. If I want to rate a movie I will do it in the page for that title not in my queue, it is just tedious and annoying to have to tab through those five links for each title and on top of this, even if you rate a title, the links remain. Sorry for the rant, but I've long found the Netflix site to be one of the most annoying sites I use regularly, followed by the oh so slow, sometimes stalling Audible. I can think of improvements to almost every major site I use, but those two really, truly need some work and are great examples of the difference between accessible and user friendly. I can do what I need to do on those sites, but it wouldn't take too much effort on the part of the webmasters to make doing so a whole lot easier.

Here's hoping that Netflix will someday make the streaming functionality truly accessible. Perhaps the iPhone app they have been talking about will allow access to blind users.

Chris
At 04:44 PM 3/7/2010, Luv2Ride wrote:
Does anyone use WE with netflix? or I should say does anyone use their pc to listen to movies from netflix?
 if so am I missing some settings that would make it work easier?
I can't get alt f4 or alt f to allow me to close the window after the movie is done? and according to netflix you should be able to pause a movie with the spacbar and change volume with arrow keys but none of that is working for me?



If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to