Hi Chris: I just use the computer and stumble my way around. I just copied the 
DOM, the source, of the Silverlight player while watching a Episode of Farscape 
and read it in NotePad. I see allot of nothing that Windoweyes could use to 
make it accessible. No HTML style controls. Allot of Netflix files and 
JavaScript. My guess is WindowEyes would be hard pressed to make it accessible. 
I know a tiny bit of scripting and I would not even know where to start since I 
do not recognize any controls. They may be in the CSS or in the files accessed 
in the JavaSCript, don't really know. But, I think someone who knows more about 
WindowEyes needs to take a peek at it. I have the DOM code, the page source 
code. I can post it up it is only a couple hundred lines if one of the guys at 
GW wants to see it.
Rick USA
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Chris Tekell 
  To: RicksPlace ; Luv2Ride ; [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:44 PM
  Subject: Re: Netflix and WE


  This doesn't always work with playing a DVD on a computer since controls 
differ from application to application, but in a DVD player, I've generally 
found that navigating the menus for episodes is more a pain than an 
impossibility. For most discs that don't automatically go to the next episode, 
Fox is one of the worst offenders on this while Warner Brothers is one of the 
best generally making all of their multititle DVDs go on to the next episode 
automatically, moving to the next episode generally involves either the down or 
right arrow on the remote and which one works to correctly navigate is 
consistent throughout any given season or series set. For the PC, if you can 
find the control that is the equivalent for the down and right arrows on a DVD 
remote, it isn't too hard to learn the pattern for a given set of discs. 

  A side note, I've been collecting Blu-ray movies for a little over two years 
now, and I've noticed that studios seem to be going with the disc authoring 
model that plays all episodes automatically. I've collected TV seasons from 
most of the studios now and have yet to encounter a single season set that does 
not play all episodes on a disc automatically. I don't get much out of the high 
def video with my remaining vision, but the lossless audio is very nice and I 
appreciate the greater consistency on issues like playing all of the episodes 
on a multititle disc.

  Regards,

  Chris

  At 05:15 PM 3/7/2010, RicksPlace wrote:

        Hi: I try to use WE with Netflix. The SilverLight viewer, that is what 
comes up when you play something instantly on your computer, is pretty much 
unusable as far as I can tell so far. There are some buttons that will show up 
if you ReStart the page, ctrl + F5 if I remember, but they are not 
labeled.There is a graphic, likely a bunch of graphics, that will control 
volume and other things but I have never found them with WE. My sighted friend 
has used them for me. The DVDs have the index and other related titles and 
chapters on them and they are also not very accessible as far as I can tell. 
That said, I manage to get the things I want to play instantly to work by 
playing say the first episode of a series. Then that series appears on the 
Netflix page, I click it and search for the next episode in the series and 
click play. You can try right clicking the Media Player when you run a DVD. 
When you are running an Instant video I do not have any answers. I am not even 
sure a WindowEyes script would help since it is running in the browser and I am 
not sure if Netflix is running an accessible form of the Silverlight viewer. 
Perhaps one of the sighted folks at GW will help you out with some suggestions, 
I could use them too! I enjoy listening to movies and some TV Series but it can 
be a real pain to try and use Netflix at times. If trying to play episodes on a 
DVD I pretty much have to have sighted helpto get around the titles and 
chapters.
    Rick USA 

      ----- Original Message ----- 

      From: Luv2Ride 

      To: [email protected] 

      Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:44 PM

      Subject: Netflix and WE


       Does anyone use WE with netflix? or I should say does anyone use their 
pc to listen to movies from netflix?

       if so am I missing some settings that would make it work easier?

       I can't get alt f4 or alt f to allow me to close the window after the 
movie is done?

       and according to netflix you should be able to pause a movie with the 
spacbar and change volume with arrow keys but none of that is working for me?




If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the
original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your
message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.


GW-Info messages are archived at

http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription
at

http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at

http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription
at

http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to