I have a theory that it may be a capturing window for pictures from
a camera? Just a postulate, though I am probably wrong.
Sometimes I get a dialog from Window-Eyes (or other screen readers
for that matter) which disappears with the escape key, though thatAMD
CCC Capturing Window" I see on a couple of my computers.
At 12:43 PM 11/22/2011, the Helkenns wrote:
Hello,
I write to find out if anyone else has this experience; and, if so,
what did you do to change matters for the better?
When I'm on the desktop, start any program or explore folders etc.,
when finished, I am returned to the desktop with the following spoken message:
"AMD CCC Capturing Window"
If I use the ctrl-shift-t to read the title, I hear the same thing
and even sometimes, not always, I hear "normal" which tells me the
window is not maximized, but normal. There is nothing voicable in that window.
When I use alt-F4, the window is dismissed and I hear "desktop" and
can navigate normally.
Searching the web, I learned that AMD and its ATI video graphics
card (version/name unknown) is at the bottom of this. It has
something to do with its Catalyst control center and seems a rather
fundamental piece of software I'm reluctant to uninstall -- even to
reinstall it. After all, it came with my brand new Del XPS8300 with
Windows 7, Office2010, and the newly upgraded WE7.5.2.
Dismissing the"capturing window" seems to have no ill-effects, but
after a while the thing becomes a real nuisance. While that window
is up, I cannot navigate the desktop. In fact, on startup, landing
on the desktop, WE says "desktop" and no more. No navigation
allowed. Pressing alt-F4 and we're back to go.
This is not technically a GWMicro WE issue, but it is close enough
to affect the behavior of WE that I am wondering if this sort of
thing is contributing to instability of the screen reader or
Windows7 in some way.
Thanks for any help...
David
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your
message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your
message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You
can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.