I just tried recording a couple of voice messages on my VS, and
then I separately sent each of them to myself without a problem.
One was about 978k in size, while the other was about 452k. And,
seeing as I haven't done much with the recorder before, I just
used the default settings.
I didn't have a problem sending or receiving either message
attachment on my VS; however, it sure took a great deal of time
longer for the VS to send the file attachments than it did for me
to receive them back. I mean, we're talking almost four minutes
to send and then close to thirty seconds to receive for the
longer file, and maybe two minutes to send and fifteen seconds to
receive for the shorter file. When I tried the same thing with
my BN mPower, the file sending times were much shorter, and thus
much closer to the file receiving times.
----- Original Message -----
From: dmgina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Date sent: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:41:56 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: [GWN] problem with record function on
BrailleSense Plus
Voice attachments can't be sent from our voice sense since this
last upgrade.
It doesn't matter how long or short they are.
The voice message that is.
Jim might be able to explain better than I can.
I hope with the next upgrade the problem will be solved.
Thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Date: 2008/08/07 00:52:07
Subject: Re: [GWN] problem with record function on BrailleSense
Plus
Hi. This is still very vague. Can you tell me what you are
doing, what
you expect to happen, and what is actually happening so we can
try to help?
Many thanks.
dmgina said the following on 8/6/2008 11:53 AM:
I didn't say it right.
I can't do a voice message and send it off.
It doesn't work.
It worked fine with the last upgrade but not this one.
Even if the message is short.
Jim can't do a voice message either.
So we will keep waiting.
I love sending voice messages.
Something I thought I wouldn't enjoy.
Learning many things.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Date: 2008/08/06 02:28:04
Subject: Re: [GWN] problem with record function on BrailleSense
Plus
Hi. I know you reported this before but I'm not clear as to
what the
problem is. I just tried recording in the Voice Sense and was
able to do
so without problems. Can you give me steps used? Results
expected, and
actual reality of what happens?
Many thanks.
dmgina said the following on 8/5/2008 4:23 PM:
I still can't record with my voice sense.
Will this be fixed with the next upgrade?
I was able to do this with the upgrade before this one.
I miss not sending out messages recorded.
--Dar
www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/5779
Every saint has a past
every sinner has a future
----- Original Message ----- From: "Raul A. Gallegos"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: [GWN] problem with record function on BrailleSense
Plus
Hi. I know that at one point the Voice Sense was recording a
noice
when recording into the flash disk, however that was fixed in
version
1.2. As far as the original Braille Sense goes, you could try
to
record into a cf card instead of the flash disk and see if that
makes
a difference. The Braille Sense Plus should not have this
problem
whatsoever.
Many thanks.
Ming Hui said the following on 8/4/2008 9:38 PM:
Dear Raul,
I don't think it is the problem with the Braille Display,
because
when I was
recording, my Braille Display only showed the status. Besides,
I
tried on VS before, and the same problem exist. It is a sound
like the ... mechanical sound, Da'da'da'da at one time. But I
would
try switching off the display and try again. However, I believe
it is not the Braille display.
Nicole.
----comOriginal Message-----
From: Raul A. Gallegos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday,
August 05, 2008 9:30 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [GWN] problem with record function on BrailleSense
Plus
Hi. What you are hearing is the Braille display updating every
second. Although the dots are quiet, the microphone is so good
that
it even picks them up while recording. Note that this
phenomenon only
happens if the time of the recording is being displayed. So,
you can
either turn off the Braille display with backspace-f3 or you can
focus the main program menu with f1, or you can press f3 to
change
focus to a button. The good thing is that like in Windows, you
have
many choices of what to do.
Hope this helps.
Chuck and Sharon Campbell said the following on 8/4/2008 9:15
PM:
Hi Raul,
That sounds about right.
What can we do about it?
Living in the Present One day at a time, This is enough. Do
not
look back and grieve over the past. For it is gone. And do not
be
troubled about the future. For it has not yet come. Live in
the
present, and make it so beautiful. That it will be worth
remembering.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Date sent: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:53:09 com0400
Subject: Re: [GWN] problem with record function on BrailleSense
Plus
Is the clicking sound happening about once per second?
Chuck and Sharon Campbell said the following on 8/4/2008 8:12
PM:
Hi List,
Has anyone had any trouble with the record function with
internal
mike. I have a clicking sound in mine. If I use an external
mike, the
clicking isn't there. If anyone has had this problem, how have
you
fixed it?
Living in the Present One day at a time, This is enough. Do
not look
back and grieve over the past. For it is gone. And do not be
troubled
about the future. For it has not yet come. Live in the
present, and
make it so beautiful. That it will be worth remembering.
--
Raul A. Gallegos -- GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 -- Fax: 260-489-2608
WEB: http://www.gwmicro.com
--
Raul A. Gallegos -- GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 -- Fax: 260-489-2608
WEB: http://www.gwmicro.com
--
Raul A. Gallegos -- GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 -- Fax: 260-489-2608
WEB: http://www.gwmicro.com
1dar
www.mypowermall.com/mall/biz/5779
every saint has a past
every sinner has a future
www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/5779
every saint has a past
every sinner has a future
Dar
--
Raul A. Gallegos -- GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 -- Fax: 260-489-2608
WEB: http://www.gwmicro.com
,dar
www.mypowermall.com/mall/biz/5779
every saint has a past
every sinner has a future
www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/5779
every saint has a past
every sinner has a future
Dar