At 07:21 PM 1/18/2006, you wrote:
Lloyd Mitchell wrote:

Does it not occur that some people do not worry about such things as pet
furr unless you are out and about among people to whom such a vestige of
"barnyard" appearance is a problem?  Even in this modern age one will know
or remember that when going here or there may make a difference as to what
one might wear?

Well, I've lived with cats all my life so, no, a little cat hair doesn't bother me on my clothes or on my friends. Unless I'm going for a job interview and then I want the navy suit to be as clean as I can get it.

But the problem I have with our costumes is that the wool gown seems to attract an unusually heavy amount of lint, dust, cat hair, people hair and heaven knows what else to it. I've already gone through one lint roller and I'm working on a second just trying to keep the thing from looking like it's been drug through a barn. I can go through a yard of packing tape just cleaning the sleeve.

It's ok that it looks like a gown worn by a man who owns a cat. Right now it looks like it's a gown owned by a homeless man who sleeps in the stable with the dogs. That's not the image I'm going for with this outfit. :)

Dawn

Have you tried putting the dress in your clothes dryer (on air only, no heat) with a damp towel? It helps pull a lot of stuff out of the fabric.

Joan Jurancich
[EMAIL PROTECTED]