At 16:24 27/01/2006, you wrote:
Hello all,

I hope you will bear one more inquiry about things to do in and about
London.  There is a chance I will be there this fall with my two kids
in order to do some research for my dissertation.  My daughter who is
keen on museums and quite fine with being hauled through museum after
museum is delighted with the prospect.  My son, however, is *not* in
anyway keen on the idea of museums.  He asked about whether there are
any water parks in London.  I had to admit I didn't know as my nose
is usually pressed against the glass of some museum display or
another whenever I visit London.

So what is there to do in London (and elsewhere) for an active
athletic lad of 12? Can anyone recommend websites?

To make this costume related, can anyone recommend historical re- enactors in the UK that focus on Chivalry and who do fairly
"authentic" costuming?

I'm a bit behind as I was away. There are no water parks in London, although you might find indoor swimming pools in the suburbs that have some small extras.

Your son might like the Science Museum - full of technical stuff if he is that way inclined, or Madame Tussaud's and the Planetarium. Also weaponry at the Tower of London, HMS Belfast (Navy ship) on the Thames - my son was very "fighting" orientated at that age. Don't have addresses - Carpal Tunnel playing up so having problems typing - sorry.

Suzi