And while we're talking Italian Tippets .....  :-)

I've got another picture for you, Robin.   I just had to get it scanned
-- and now seemed like a good time to do it!

http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/Paintings/milano_ExpulsionJoachim150.jpg

these women are spectators, so I don't know how much the Special Garb
rule applies here, but .....

The Italian GFD frequently has this sort of "inverted scoop" neckline --
I'm not exactly sure what you'd call it!

some frescos from the Runklestein Castle
http://www.myblog.de/costumes/page/86416
although it's not as evident on those gowns

-- and think of those two with the funny panel down the front
http://www.wga.hu/art/g/giottino/pieta.jpg
http://www.wga.hu/art/g/giovanni/milano/birth.jpg
both of whom have that

others include

http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/Paintings/italian_MussacchioPl46.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/dlmqd
http://tinyurl.com/b2te7
and *she* has an off-center front-opening gown!

Susan
-----
Susan Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]