> When did you see it in the Portrait Gallery? I was in England in 2002, and
> saw the painting at Windsor.  The dress was screaming pink, no orange to
> it
> at all.
> The forepart and undersleeves are made of a gold pile/cream base "cut and
> voided" velvet, although I suspect that the pile, in this case, is gold
> thread (looks distinctly metallic).
> --Sue, wondering if there are two of them out there....

Hmmm...maybe I was mistaken.  I know I saw the Princess Mary Tudor
portrait while I was there.  I thought I saw the Elizabeth one, too.

But seeing the Mary Tudor portrait in person was pretty cool because I
discovered that her chemise had redwork on the cuffs!  I hadn't heard of
redwork before then and the photos I had seen of the painting didn't have
enough detail to show it.   Very cool!

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"

"Become the change you want to see in the world."
--Ghandi