From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:12 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Fit of a victorian bodice

> Hi, I'm making an 1865-70 bodice (first bustle era) starting from the
Truly Victorian ball bodice pattern, and I'm having trouble with the fit
around the armholes -- there's a horizontal stress line about 1/2" above the
bottom of the armhole (right at the top of my corset) it extends about 3"
into the bust, and about the same length across the back. I'm not sure how
to get rid of it -- the rest of the bodice fits beautifully... I also had
this problem on my princess-line tea gown using their pattern... But I
thought it was due to the weight of the fabric, but that can't be the case
for my current bodice... Does anyone have any suggestions for how to handle
this fitting problem? Should I make the armhole bigger (and if so, should it
be lower side front, lower side back, or the bottom? I'm afraid if I widen
the armhole it'll just pull the armhole out of shape due to the pull...)
should I let the side seam out a little bit? I thought about putting padding
inside the bodice ther!
>  e, but there is very little room... And the bodice is satin so it shows
every little crinkle or dent - unfortunately you can even follow the line of
the lace on the chemise if you look closely.