Hello!
I am not really familiar with the Regency era; however I really liked the dress
that Jayne (Rosamund Pike) wore in the opening scene of the latest version of
Pride & Prejudice (with Keira Knightly) – she wears the same style dress a
different points throughout the movie, one in pink and the other in blue. I
have looked at the patterns sites that carry Regency patterns (Sense &
Sensibility, etc.) but have been unable to locate anything like this. There is
a dress with an overcoat (?) that has an under-the-bust piece to connect either
side of the overcoat. While I have not seen the movie Sense & Sensibility with
Kate Winslet as Marianne Dashwood, I have seen screen shots and she is wearing
a similar style outfit, a peach & white gown on a picnic.
http://www.geocities.com/mm_regency1/ss_mpwd.html

Does anyone know what the overcoat is called and what type of dress the base
dress is?

Thanks!
Wendi