A couple of weeks ago we went to see Spamalot (I highly recommend it
if you like Monty Python, I had a fabulous time, made me forget my
troubles and I thought by friend would fall off her chair laughing).

In the final scene it had one of the most inventive costumes I've seen
in a long time.  It was worn by the Lady of the Lake.  She walked out
in a blue pseudo medieval gown, fitted bodice, full skirt, you could
see a bit of white at the neck.  Then Arthur asks her to marry him,
and in answer she says I'd thought you'd never ask and flips the dress
(had I been expecting it I would have paid more attention to how she
did it) and the dress changes to a white gown.  I think she somehow
flipped the bodice forward and it flipped the whole thing under a now
white skirt.  It was ingenious.  I'd love to see pictures and details
on how it was made.

Katy

--
Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian