> Can anyone tell me if purchasing a 15 yard bolt of muslin for $69 is a
good
> deal?  It's for theatrical purposes, and we may need a total of 100 plus
> yards, fairly lightweight transparent muslin.

Lightweight and transparent sounds like actual muslin to me rather than
calico which is what is usually called muslin in the US. That may mean the
price is better than it appears;)

And then there is this muslin for use in the theatre:
http://setshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=130

And then I found this:
http://www.fishmansfabrics.com/mus_ltwgt.htm
Contents:70% polyester,30% cotton

So it may be helpful for a bit more description in terms of what the fabric
is for.

Michaela de Bruce
http://glittersweet.com