> Probably a stupid question, but how do you all develope the
> pattern for the different corsets you do?

I prefer to start from an existing pattern - either from blowing up one of
Waugh's _Corsets & Crinolines_ patterns or from a commercial pattern (like Past
Patterns) and then fit the heck out of a mock up. Followed by more fitting of
the actual corset.

The final shape of each piece is almost never exactly from the pattern, but it
get's the right shape and lines.

The biggest drawback of my method is that I cannot make a corset for myself
without _a whole lot_ of help from someone who is skilled at fitting,
especially how corsets fit -- since the slightest bubbles that would appear
non-existent in a comparatively loose fitting 20th century dress can be quite
uncomfortable in a corset, when worn tight-laced all day.
        -sunny