I had one of those neat synchronicity moments recently: I thought to myself, "Huh! I bet you could make an iridescent with more than just 2 colors. Why don't they?" and the next day, I picked up a fabric order that included some iridescent silk taffeta, which to my surprised delight was a _3_ color iridescent. It looked taupe, but was actually pink and green weft on black warp. Very cool!

Anyway, the whole thing has gotten me wondering: how practical is it to make 3+ color iridescents? Are they as uncommon as I think? Are there any weavers on here who can expound on them?

-E House
(would commit minor mayhem for a freakin' copper/purple or copper/teal taffeta, or best of all, a copper/teal/purple!)