Try Dharma Trading Company. They have lovely dyes that work in cold water. I
have used them on cotton T-shirts and the dyes stays bright and doesn't wash
out. Colors aren't muddy.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lavolta Press
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [h-cost] How to dye a sweater

Any advice on how to dye an ivory colored, modern, machine knitted 100%
wool turtleneck sweater some less boring but solid color, without
felting it or otherwise damaging the texture?  The heat and agitation in
most dye instructions, even those for wool, makes me very antsy.  I'm
not really into dyeing or working with wool, but I got this sweater for
Christmas years ago, have never worn it because it's boring, and have
decided I might as well dye it.  If it works, I have a nice-quality
ivory 1950s cashmere cardigan I'd like to do next.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com