Round hose, yes. I knew I was forgetting something.

Trunk hose are all manner of hose covering the trunk
(as opposed to nether hose, which cover the lower
legs). But Round hose was the correct name for slops
in and of themselves. Round paned hose when they have
panes over them.

Thank you Melanie!

MaggiRos

--- Melanie Schuessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The "bloomers" were also called hose in England,
> though often with a
> modifier to denote the style:  trunk hose, round
> hose, Spanish hose,
> slop hose (sometimes just called slops).  The 16th
> century French-
> English dictionaries to which I have access call
> them chausses, and
> sometimes a modifier is added.

~Fog is just a cloud that lacks the will to fly.
     Bill Bryson, A Short History of Practically Everything