In a message dated 12/30/2007 8:12:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I was  also going to get a pair of shoes I could use for costuming
purposes  (plain ballet flats work for most of the 1st half of the 19th
century) but  couldn't find any that fit properly.
Elizabeth

Whoops--sorry--just saw you AREN'T in the US!  My bad.  Can you  make do with
a pair of regular ballet slippers?  I bought a pair at my  local dance shop
to get started with before I found the Auditions catalogue,  which has a
slightly more substantial style with a very small heel.

Ann Wass