I made a coat dress/Spanish Surcoat which has frogs up the whole front opening.
 I'm trying to get documentation on the use of frogs in Elizabethan England.
There are a couple of pictures in Janet Arnold.  Does anyone have some links to
either portraits or other primary type docs showing use of frogs and/or how the
specific ones shown were tied?

I'm using some very clever doo dads carried by FolkWear for tying these frogs.
Much easier than just on a macrame board.  I can't find period pictures of
exactly what I'm doing, but will settle for close <G>.

Thanks
Julie in Ramona (San Diego)