Just my 2 cents worth on corsets (I have quite a few)... There are basic 3
styles, underbust, mid bust and overbust... if you singer goes for an under
bust then she can get the waist reduction to give her a better "shape" with
less restriction on her lungs, if she goes with a mid bust you can design
the corset to have either a half cup arrangement so it props her up or a
design to flatten the bust but also applies restriction to the upper rib
cage, if she goes with an over bust design then you can add full cups into
the menu. Ideally a corset is for waist reduction, 2" (5 cm) is considered
the minimum (tight lacers go for 6" or more), large women 18+ tend to look
fantasic in a corset as it really promotes the hips by reducing the waist
and I suspect this is what she wants people to see.

I usually wear a 28" corset so my measurements are 41 - 28 - 41, not too far
from what your friend is after I suspect... This is going to be tight and
restrict breathing for the inexperienced, you could make it with elastic
lacing, never seen it done and I don't know if it will be workable or you
could sew a stretch panel in the top side panels about 1-2" above the waist
line, that would allow some expansion of the rib cage when doing circular
breathing... you may need to start quickly and get her to trial it.....

Sidney