Mostly I did not want to line it for heat reasons. And I just have not
recently come across a tropical weight wool that was withing
affordable spects that i liked both the color and the texture.  I know
I can dye wool, but i am am really not prepared to do that as it seems
like it is very hard to ensure that one has a specific color.

also, i want to use the stuff that i have in my basement, which
happens to NOT be tropical weight :)