Gentle H-costumers,
I'm probably not the only one heading out early for CostumeCon;
hopefully I can find some others.  I'll be in DC between 22 and 30
April before going to CostumeCon in "Baldermur, Merilnd" as my family
says it. I'm looking for h-costumers who might like to pal around for
a weekday downtown, perhaps at the Smithsonian, Textile Museum or an
art gallery.  I'm looking for people available during the day, since
I'll be on vacation.

My spouse would rather eat paint than look at old clothes.  OTOH, he
will happily dance, so if you know of a venue with historic dancing,
let us know. We'll pack something to wear.  If you want to show us the
ropes at Glen Echo in the Spanish Ballroom on Sunday 26 Apr, we'd love
to meet up.

Off the top of my head, here's some local museums that tend to have
things of interest to h-costumers.  Happy to take your suggestions,
too.
Thanks all,
--cin

Textile Museum
www.textilemuseum.org/
current show: Recent Acquisitions
March 6, 2009 - January 3, 2010

National Gallery
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/index.shtm#current
Heaven on Earth: Manuscript Illuminations from the National Gallery of Art
March 1–August 2, 2009

Pride of Place: Dutch Cityscapes of the Golden Age
February 1–May 3, 2009

NMAH Smithsonian
http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/costume/

Other possibilities: