Man, imagine being forced to wear a skirt all the time! Especially with these brutal Michigan winters. Brrrr.

After seeing how SHORT skirts got, I find it quite boggling that schools objected to the full-length ones! You'd think they'd be relieved at all the covering up. LOL

LynnD, apparently you and other uppity girls of your generation are responsible for the comfort my generation enjoyed in our school days.
Thanks.
Michelle

They still didn't like the granny dresses for another year or so, or so my
younger brother said. He paid attention to fashions because I had been
strident (I'll admit to strident, even harping) in trying to get more
variety allowed in clothing at school - minis in 10th grade, maxis, grannys,
and pants later. Yes, I was one of those fringe-wearing kids who asked how
what we wore impacted how well we learned.
LynnD