From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of cbellfl...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 9:02 PM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: Re: [h-cost] 1960 hippie fashion

 I attended Radford, an all-girls college in Southwestern Virginia, starting
in 1968.? We were allowed to have slacks (not denim) but could only wear
them outside the dorm with a knee-length coat freshman year.? I was in the
band and we were getting ready for? Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.? Band
was scheduled as an 8am class, but we were actually starting at 7:30 most
days to get in the extra practice.? By mid-November it was cold!?? The only
time we could wear slacks to class was if the Dean declared it a "slacks
day" and she didn't announce that until about 8am!? Oh, by the way, our
uniform was full Scottish regalia - kilt and all. ?

Sophmore year the rule was changed to letting us wear slacks and by senior
year we were in jeans.? (The summer after I graduated the school went
co-ed.)?

Catherine