-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Chris Laning

On Sep 30, 2009, at 9:18 AM, cbellfl...@aol.com wrote:

I wonder whether bark-based fibers or pounded-bark cloth might have
been possibilities. If Native Americans made cord (which I'm sure they
did) then there must have been *some* sources of fiber available.

I wonder whether bark-based fibers or pounded-bark cloth might have
been possibilities. If Native Americans made cord (which I'm sure they
did) then there must have been *some* sources of fiber available.

Dogbanes/Indian hemp Apocynum family for one.
Patty

O   (Dame) Christian de Holacombe, OL - Shire of Windy Meads
+    Kingdom of the West - Chris Laning  <clan...@igc.org>