You're welcome to PM me on that. I've worked in magazine, advertising
and book production (on the print end) for many years.

For one thing, it's Pantone who recommends that the swatches be replaced every year. I'm only on my third Pantone fan, and I've been working with them for 15 years. When I've replaced them I've compared the old and new swatches. They don't fade to speak of unless you leave the swatches open on your desk when you are not using them, and obviously, the solution is keep them in a closed drawer. It may not matter to you if your employer is paying for them. And as far as production costs go, using a fan for several years instead of one doesn't save much money. Still, it can be done.

This information is not much use to most h-costume members, though.

I offered a couple of examples and hoped others would do so,
too. It was meant to be a stimulating question, not a suggestion that
something was wrong there.

Do you know what the fabric printing and dyeing industry uses for swatch books? Do they use Pantone or something else?

And also I did send a note to the site owner. Upon a closer examination
I noticed a few colors had a pink cast to them, particularly the "white"
and some light greens, which ought not to be pink at all. I checked a
few color configurations, so I know it's not my monitor.

I just got a new computer, so I have to go through the calibration process to align all my equipment all over again.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com