The Folkwear vest is a good basic vest pattern, easy to use with good
instructions.

Past Patterns also has some 19th c. vests and a nice man's shirt
pattern which I've used.  They also have trouser patterns.

Katy

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Patricia Dunham <chim...@ravensgard.org> wrote:
> Don't know if I actually have time to still get this by Xmas, BUT!  Himself
> re-iterated interest in a Steampunk/Victorian outfit again last night, so...
>
> Anybody know anything about any of these particular patterns or vendors...
>

> Laughing Moon #109, men's frock coats & vest
>
> Folkwear #222, set of vests
>
> Men's Garments 1830-1900: A Guide to Pattern Cutting and Tailoring, by RI
> Davis (book)
>
> Old West Men's Clothing Patterns, by Wingeo, Pattern #W324 (frock coat),
> #W325 (Dress Coat)
>

> We have good basic sewing skills, some theatrical costuming experience, but
> no tailoring...
>
> Greatly appreciated, any responses today, Thursday...
>
> Chimene

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.