I think that's a wonderful topic for discussion. Perhaps a new thread? Here
are some questions that I've pondered.

- Where do we draw the line between what is acceptable as historically
accurate vs historically authentic?
- With modern sewing skills and fads (such as zippers), where do we
encorporate those skills to aid in construction of period garments, or do we
insist on using the period methods?

Yeah, well, when this list started some years ago, the authenticity flame wars were scorching all our monitors. We've now achieved a live-and-let live attitude for which I am grateful. List members have recognized they do not all have identical goals, schedules, budgets, or issues like whether they can hand sew everything anyway because they have carpal tunnel.

But at least, it's not historic costuming and not the modern ready-to-wear industry.

I'll leave you guys to it, since I have a big wad of end-of-the-week book orders to fill.

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books of historic clothing patterns
www.lavoltapress.com