> So here are the questions...how did you find the h-costume email list?  And
> what year did you join?
Word of mouth from friends in the local chapter of the costumer's
guild.  I dont think the list was much more than a few weeks old at
the time.  1994?

Obligatory costume content:  not working on anything costume-y at the
moment. Just got back from Costume College & have barely got it all
laundered & put away.

The local chapter's Salon (tea party) was at my house today.  We had
all the 1910s books out so we could inspire the next round of
fashions.  In Calif, we're coming up on 100 years of Women's Sufferage
(women here got the vote rather late, in 1911).  Next year is the
centenial of the sinking of the Titanic, so there's another good
reason to think ragtime thoughts. The Art Deco festival on the Queen
Mary is quite soon and so is the Sacramento Ragtime Festival.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com