From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Bambi TBNL
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 7:51 AM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: Re: [h-cost] costume on book covers, argh

Often times the costume is orderd in a certain " artist model" size, color
optional. Who designs it is between the writer , the artist and the
publisher, the costumes ia not seen as a designer/historian but as " the
seamstress" who almost never has any more info than an artist sketch which
they expect precise compliance with. The suggestion tha alteration in this
might provide something more *..historically accurate, pleasing, tasteful,
is at best met with " we are not flexible on this matter" and at worst with
the business being conducted elsewhere , ( where their order is filled no
questions asked, -----Original Message-----