Just ran across, by accident, 2 new CECELIA HOLLAND's -- hooray.  THEN I looked
them up online and the covers -- argh!  Obviously art-directed at the bodice
ripper set!

The King's Witch is a Richard II period piece with a not-very-good Ren-faire
wench in green, @
http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Witch-Cecelia-Holland/dp/0425241300/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2.

And The Secret Eleanor [of Acquitaine], which cover is better but not anywhere
near right, @
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Eleanor-Cecelia-Holland/dp/0425234509.

Recent re-issue of Great Maria is even afflicted with this... although the
cover looks like a renaissance angel, THAT is not appropriate for Maria!
http://www.amazon.com/Great-Maria-Cecelia-Holland/dp/B005CDUUD2/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_3

The original Great Maria cover,
http://www.amazon.com/Great-Maria-Cecelia-Holland/dp/0394485092/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_5
 I now know isn't period for the story either, but at least looks period to
SOME time!

Funny how the original covers from the central-male-character, 1960-70-80 &
2000s titles are all very reasonable.

chimene (a huge CH fan, for decades!!!)