The request was for 1880s hairstyles. I love the Rapunzel site, but don't remember if anything there is a good match for 1880s.

The hallmark of 1880s hair is frizzy bangs! Perhaps a clip of fakehair for the front of your style would work. The rest of the hair was worn either under the hat (atop the head) or below it (toward the nape), but can be almost anything. The frizzy bangs (and no center part) are the most visible style detail.

    == Marjorie Wilser

=:=:=:Three Toad Press:=:=:=

"Learn to laugh at yourself and you will never lack for amusement." --MW

http://3toad.blogspot.com/

I'm putting the finishing touches on my Halloween costume - actually, a
dress from various Truly Victorian patterns.

I need ideas about what to do with my hair. It's long and very straight.

I need something easy that I can do relatively quickly in the morning. It doesn't need to be historical, I'm already planning on makeup that won't be historical, but I'd still like something that keeps in with the style of
the
period.

Any ideas? References? Pictures? Techniques? I'm all ears...