I've never made up a Reconstructing History pattern, so I have no idea how it
is to work with, but the illustrations are the least inspiring Italian ren I've
ever seen.  The Medieval Miscellanea patterns will give more variations and is
easy enough to sew (although the skirts will run way longer than necessary -
the woman who designed the pattern is rather tall.)  This Simplicity pattern

http://www.amazon.com/Conso-8735-Simplicity-Renaissance-Pattern/dp/B0054ERS3Y/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&qid=1320734849&sr=8-37

 is quite nice - it seems to be out of print but a little searching would
probably find a copy cheaper than $47.   This variation came from McCalls:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69424574/renaissance-gown-pattern-mccalls?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=renaissance+costume+patterns&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=

I haven't used it though.  Another McCalls pattern is just bodice and sleeves

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62969283/m4994-misses-renaissance-tops?ref=sr_gallery_38&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=renaissance+costume+patterns&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=

but the skirt could be any long full skirt.  Italian ren in general adapts very
well to lots of trimming on the bodice and even more so on the sleeves.
Sleeves were frequently detachable and decorated with jewels.

Janet