From: Sharon Phillips <vintagealternat...@gmail.com>
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:56 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Hair and Reenacting

I would like some ideas on hair pieces and wigs as I now have short hair again
and I have no real idea myself. My hair is maybe a centimetre or two long at
the back and for part of the sides and, about 7 cm or 8 cm long on the top
part. I also have dark red henna in it so all in all my hair looks modern. I
need to come up  with some kind of solution for reenacting. I'm mostly
interested in 15th and 16th centuries, and regency. I was wondering what the
list would suggest for solutions for covering up the hair and achieving period
hairstyles.

I did keep my plaits when they where cut off. They reached they bottom of my
ribcage(plaited) and were cut off halfway between shoulder and head. The hair
is in good condition and was never dyed, chemically treated or the like. I
never even used a hairdryer or straightener on it.The plaits also weigh over
160 grams so there is quite a bit of hair there. I'm wondering if it would be
worth talking to a wigmaker and seeing if they are able to make something with
this either wig or hair pieces. I'm  wondering if anybody on the list has done
something similiar or knows anything about the subject

Sharon Phillips