Your hat question has been on my mind for hours now, and I'm doing a little
bit of surfing. (I've been unable to find a picture of the pattern you have
though...poo!)

Nevetheless, here's a little more hand-holding for ya!

This page has a list of different types of hat canvas, and there's a
paragraph toward the middle of the page that says "for fabric suggestions,
go to my homepage."

http://www.millinerytechniques.com/covered-hat-requirements.html

'Bella