From: Sybella <mae...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:09
Subject: Re: [h-cost] vintage hat-making instructions

Thank you for the update, Suzanne! I'd love to see pictures. :)

I found treasure today, and I think you're reallllly going to like it!
http://www.sewweekly.com/2011/04/10-free-hat-tutorials-patterns/

Mena, SewWeekly's blogger, did an excellent job pulling together a list of
free tutorials on the web. I love that there is a of variety hats (that
they weren't all variations on the same theme or year). I couldn't help but
take at look at each tutorial as soon as I found the list!

Each tutorial is written by different person. Some were dumbed down. A few
assumed advanced experience. Most were in the middle, similar to a
knowledge base expected for a big three commercial pattern. However, number
4 kind of blew me away. Just drafting your pattern requires an advanced
degree in mathematics!

I found one broken link, and it's most unfortunate. It went to a hat making
book, from '52, posted online.

Anyway, give it a looksee. I hope you're as tickled as I am and I couldn't
wait to share it with you.

'Bella