The database URLs currently look like:

jdbc:h2:/path/to/file;IGNORECASE=TRUE;MVCC=TRUE;LOCK_TIMEOUT=10000

I have experimented with different FILE_LOCK settings but since the
databases are accessed from one single process this is unlikely to have any
influence. I could probably do without MVCC=TRUE for 199 but was not sure.

We do not call Thread.interrupt at all.

All database-actions are performed as
fetch-connection/perform/release-connection cycles (only in auto-commit
mode, otherwise the same connection is reused). Sometimes a thread may call
nested actions that have their own fetch/perform/release cycle which
results in multiple connections being used inside the same thread (again in
auto-commit mode only). An example would be using one connection to cycle
through a result-set and using another one to do selects/updates/inserts
for each record fetched.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/h2-database/ebbe5d94-dac8-474f-bea4-3c2572a8cc79%40googlegroups.com.