Christian-

Look into setting these combinations:

1. On the server: h2.socketConnectTimeout
2. On the client urls: ;AUTO_RECONNECT=TRUE

The behavior will be that clients re-connect over and over (harmless, but
not ideal) but you won’t have stale connections or abandoned locks.

Also note— there already exists a function to close sessions:

http://www.h2database.com/html/functions.html#cancel_session

-Matt