Christian-

Yeah, you are hitting some of the same issues I did. There doesn't seem to
be a straight-line path for supporting TCP connection health in a
distributed environment. I started making some patches to improve H2's TCP
client management.. there is still open discussion on the approach and need
(https://github.com/h2database/h2database/pull/1990).

Q: What is the use case where you set AUTOCOMMIT=FALSE on the url?  It
seems to me you would want AUTO_RECONNECT.

Specifically-- would your use case instead support disabling autoCommit on
the connection object and deal with the in doubt transactions instead?

-Matt