From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jay R. Ashworth
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 2:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hackers] RE: More on Deanster Participant Content

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 02:41:44PM -0500, Jon Lebkowsky wrote:
> One other point about Deanster: you might get some flak from
Friendster if
> you combine that concept with that name. The Friendster guys aren't
> necessarily Dean supporters. Zephyr, you might discuss with legal
whether
> there's any exposure - obviously it's a great name but a legal hassle
would
> make it counterproductive, I'm afraid.

Do you really think so, Jon, inasmuch as they're *both* (fairly
explicitly)
derivative of "Napster", which in itself didn't really mean anything?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging
Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c