Hi,
from the discussions here I got several influences for a good rx-signal:

1) tuning the rf-, if- and bb-amplification for weak signals seems not
to be easy.
2) (but) it is easy to break the first LNA. (In this case 14 dB of
amplification are gone.)
3) there is an influence from strong signals in the frequence or
geographical neighbourhood to the sensitivity.
4) and of course the external conditions like selective amplifiers and
antennas.

Different rtl-dongles have also a great bandwidth of rx-sensitivity
but the amplification is easily tuned. From my experience optimized
rtl-dongles (like from nooelec) perform a little better but my old
dongles perform worse than hackrf. But none of them tune from 10 MHz
to 6GHz ;-)

Rainer