Samuel Penn wrote:
On Friday 16 July 2010 10:19:11 James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
Hi,

I have a requirement for a Laser Duplex printer with Ethernet network
 interface. The last time I brought a printer was about 10 years ago.
The previous one was a HP LaserJet 4L.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've got a Xerox Phaser 8560DN. It's both duplex and colour.
Takes a while to warm up, but quality is good (and it was the
cheapest colour duplex laser I could find when I got it a few
years ago, but if you just want B&W there will be cheaper
alternatives).

And yes, it does network (and works from CUPS).
I confirm all the the above re the 8560DN. I does have one drawback that I haven't been able to find a solution to, that being, the colour is very muddy. Shifted towards the inside of the colour cube. I can't get bright reds or yellows. They are just dull, dull, dull and I can't find any discussion regarding this problem on the net. I guess I haven't stumbled across the correct magic phrase.

YMMV

--
Life is too short.