> On a related note, does anyone have any experience of the laptops sold by
> Novatech?

I've got a couple in my repair pile.

That's not sufficient to say anything meaningful, but I don't see any
common problems (like I sometimes do with certain other manufacturers).

> build quality issues

They're good enough. Not bomb-proof, but not especially fragile either
(except that some of the top shells are a bit thin, so do not allow small
children to stand on them).

> or perhaps how easy it is to get replacement batteries
> for them when the time comes.

Dead easy - they're all Uniwill machines rebadged as Novatech. You can
pick up very cheap batteries from eBay, as long as you don't mind them
failing in short order...

Vic.