On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 02:52:29PM -0400, Turlapati, Sreenivasa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of the request, the Front end sends the user name and some sort
> if sql script name to the back end needs that needs to execute.
>
> Here is the snapshot of our requirement
>
> If(sql script name = 'a..sql')
>       Send the request to group 'a' servers
>       If the user already got one earlier request -> send the request
> to the                same backend server
>       Else send the request to free backend server
> Else if (sql script name = 'b..sql')
>       Send the request to group 'a' servers
>       If the user already got one earlier request -> send the request
> to the                same backend server
>       Else send the request to free backend server
>
> Could you help us how can we achieve the above requirement through
> haproxy.cfg file.

Unfortunately you clearly won't be able to achieve that, haproxy is not an
SQL proxy, it's an HTTP and generic TCP proxy. What you want to do requires
too much specific knowledge of the SQL protocol.

I would recommend you to search on the net, as there are quite a bunch of
SQL proxies, maybe that some of them will be able to satisfy your needs.