On 8/17/10 2:16 PM, Turlapati, Sreenivasa wrote:
Thxs a lot.

Sorry, if I am misguiding you.

I am just curious to know, when HAProxy is set at TCP mode, we want to
scan or glance over the incoming request for a particular string say
'XYZ'. If the incoming request contains the 'XYZ' string, route the
request to  a  backend xyz group else route to backend 'ABC' group.

Current (and past) versions of haproxy can't do that.

Thank You,
Sreeni T
Work : +1 781-302-6143
Cell   : +1 617-955-3736
sturlap...@statestreet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Willy Tarreau [mailto:w...@1wt.eu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:16 PM
To: Turlapati, Sreenivasa
Cc: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Re: 'haproxy' in AIX OS for C++ Applications

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 03:50:19PM -0400, Turlapati, Sreenivasa wrote:
Hi,

We are not trying to use sql proxy, indeed we are using the TCP proxy.

Just we need to read the incoming request and based on the sql file
name
we need to route the request to a backend server. We doesn't need to
bother what the sql file got and how to execute it, we need to care
which group we need to route the request.

I understand what you want to do, but you have to understand that
"the sql file name" designates something which does not exist at the TCP
level. This means that an SQL parser is required to be able to extract
that
from the requests, and in my opinion the best way to find one is to
check
an SQL proxy.