Hello,

I found a few examples of this but can't get it to work locally. I have a
local haproxy running on port 80, and I was able to get it to work with one
backend defined. If I open the browser and type "localhost" it routes me to
one of the servers defined in my single backend.

Now I want to define two backends. Basically I'll have a backend for a
regular web app and one that hosts JBoss apps. How can route the requests
based on the URL I enter? What I tried is the following:

frontend http-in
    bind localhost:80

    acl webapp url_beg /webapp
    acl jboss url_beg /jboss

    use_backend webapp if webapp
    use_backend jboss if jboss

Not shown here are the proper backends.

What I was trying to do was that if i entered "localhost/webapp" in the
browser, it would take me to the webapp backends, and if I entered
"localhost/jboss" it would take me to the jboss backends. That of course
does not work, and I get a "Not found" error.

How can I achieve what I want to do? Do I have to create something on a web
server? Am I not using the ACL properly?

Thanks!