Hello,

Here is the full config file. I redacted the IP addresses:

global
    daemon
    maxconn 500

defaults
    mode http
    balance roundrobin
    timeout connect 10000ms
    timeout client 50000ms
    timeout server 50000ms

frontend http-in
    bind localhost:80

    acl is_webapp path_beg /webapp
    acl is_jboss path_beg /jboss

    use_backend webapp if is_webapp
    use_backend jboss if is_jboss

backend webapp
  balance roundrobin
  cookie SERVERID insert indirect nocache
  server server1 x.x.x.x/webapp maxconn 500 check cookie s1
  server server2 x.x.x.x/webapp maxconn 500 check cookie s2

backend jboss
  balance roundrobin
  server immutant x.x.x.x/demo check

listen admin
  bind *:8080
  stats enable

PiBa-NL, to answer your question, yes, I get the same error if I go to
jbossserver/jboss. What I was trying to do is if I go to
http://haproxy/jboss, it forwards me to http://jbossserver/demo, and if I
go to http://haproxy/webapp, it would take me to http://webappserver/

Now that you mentioned it, I think I am just not understanding how it all
ties in. What would I need to do to get it to work this way. Is it possible
to achieve this without modifying the apps that are deployed in the backend?

Regards,

Ahmed