Hi,

> If anyone has any thoughts or insights I'd be intrigued to hear them
> and if you want to reproduce and have difficulties doing so I'd be
> happy to help.

Please provide the smallest config you can reproduce the problem with
and the output of "haproxy -vv". I cannot currently reproduce this.

Also, can you please provide:
ldd haproxy
yum info glibc
yum info glibc-devel
yum info openssl
yum info openssl-devel

Any other dependencies in haproxy? Did you build with compression or pcre
support? If yes, please provide:
yum info pcre
yum info pcre-devel
yum info zlib
yum info zlib-devel

Are you able to reproduce this with a "openssl s_connect" command? That
would provide more SSL related output (like the cipher used to connect).

Regards,

Lukas