Hi,

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 01:33:32PM -0700, NuSkooler wrote:
> Thanks, this has all been very helpful.
>
> Unfortunately it seems that some of the pieces to create a debuggable
> version of these old clients are currently missing here. If I can get
> that together I'll debug and hopefully find something. Until then,
> we'll be attempting to route their traffic around HAProxy leaving only
> newer clients to get the benefit.
>
> If I come up with something that works or otherwise useful I'll post it here.

I have not yet checked your traces, but since it was mentionned that
application protocol "http" was present in the traces, maybe the client
actually wants an explicit support for "http" advertised by the server.
If this is the case, you may want to try to add "npn http alpn http" (or
just one of them) on your bind line so that haproxy advertises them.