On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 02:40:51PM +0200, Hoggins! wrote:
> Ha ha ! We could also imagine an anti-sarcasm filter.

Not needed.

> Anyway, that still does not explain why such discussions on spam
> problems do not occur on other mailman MLs.

Maybe you've been living under a rock for the last 20 years, but spam
is quite common as soon as you have an e-mail address that anyone knows.

> I get a lot of spam from
> this ML, and *none* from others, even with a high volume of ham messages.

Probably because you quickly unsubscribe from lists which send you some
spam and you end up being subscribed only to the ones who do aggressive
filtering to the point that even useful messages get dropped ? Or people
posting from various origins regularly getting blocked due to political
RBLs or DNSBLs being used... Before switching to the anti-spam, it took
more time to deal with abnormal blocking than with spam. So no thanks.

Or maybe you only subscribe to closed lists which, like sects, only accept
subscribers and reject any external contribution, and are insulting to
whoever is put in CC. Not to mention the fact that someone using multiple
addresses can only post from one or receive the same messages multiple
times.

The list is open, the archives are available, and the spam amount is low,
even if the ratio is quite high due to the low traffic of the list. If
that causes any trouble, you don't need to be subscribed, you can simply
unsusbcribe and post whenever you want without being subscribed.

We're not trying to set a record on the number of subscribers so nobody
will feel offended by you unsubscribing.

However I'd just make a comment : posting to a list with a nickname such
as "Hoggins!" and an address which doesn't look serious, rather impolite
like "fucks...@wheres5.com" is not the best way to receive consideration
for your posts.