Hi all,

Le 31/08/2015 11:59, Pavlos Parissis a écrit :
Maybe reStructuredText as a format and Sphinx tool could help here, but
it will require quite a bit of work to migrate to.

It was evocated, I'm not opposed to it, I just want to ensure first that
people don't have to *learn* the doc language to contribute doc. Ie: if
the format is broken in a patch, it should not result in utter crap on
the output nor in errors during conversion. That's why we have the current
format in the first place : instead of having people learn a language, we
have Cyril's tool which learns people's language.

That is so true as took me 2 days to get used it and have a clean build.

In the end it makes the
doc contributions extremely smooth.

That would be a very strong argument against any plans to migrate to
something else. As supplying patches for the doc with the current format
is so easy.

Just erase my e-mail:-)

Don't erase it too quickly, because it has always been the idea since the beginning. Currently, it's only at the state of proof of concept which provide a usable documentation with links, and that's where I stopped. One day, I hope to find some times to make it a kind of preprocessor to convert the plain text documentation to something like reStructuredText (or another one) and use a "more" standard tool for the final rendering.

--
Cyril Bonté